- Going On a “Diet” Often Leads to Weight Regain.
- Overweight Mum, Overweight Kids?
- Tips for Healthy Eating Throughout the “Silly Season”
- Almonds – a great source of vitamin E.
- Protein Emerging as an Important Bone Health Factor.
- Be Inspired - Feel Fabulous!
- To Drink or Not To Drink?
- Diets with High Glycemic Index May Increase Breast Cancer Risk.
- What to do when your weight loss stalls?
- Low Carb Versus Low Fat.
- Hunger & Cravings…
- A High Protein Diet Can Boost Bone Health.
- Empower Your Body to Empower Your Mind.
- It’s Not Just What You Eat, But When.
- One Simple Step to Combat Emotional Eating.
- The Evolutionary Long-Jump – So What Should We Really Be Eating?
- Researchers say low-carbohydrate diets more effective in weight management.
- People who eat breakfast are significantly less likely to be obese and diabetic than those who don't
- Why Low Fat Diets Fail.
- Is “Diet” a Dirty Word?
- Atkins Diet May Cut Risk of Heart Disease
- More Studies Endorse the Low Carb Diet.
- What is the Glycemic Index?
- The Importance of Exercise.
- Scientific Review - Novel Treatments for Obesity.
- Mental Attitude to Weight Loss
- Diet and the development of the insulin resistance syndrome.
- Insulin and your health
- Weight gain - Can we blame it on genetics?
- Breakfast and Weight Loss - Is it really important?
- Metabolism - Get your motor running!
- Dietary fibre - Are you getting enough?
- 97% fat free often means packed with sugar.
- The "Low Fat" Message - Marketing propaganda or a healthy lifestyle choice?
- Can low carbohydrate actually lower cholesterol?
- The Psychology of Eating.
- Organisation - The key to successful weight loss.
- Self Image
- Body image - Who wants to look like Elle McPherson anyway?
- The role of the media in weight loss.
- Diabetes - Are you eating your way to an uncertain future?
Empower Your Body to Empower Your Mind.
We are only just beginning to understand the infinitely complex link between the mind and the body. Whilst science still struggles to identify and label these links, the relationship is something we often instinctively understand:
· How much easier is it to concentrate on a difficult task when you have eaten the right foods?
· How much more invigorated, motivated and “alive” do you feel when you are fit and healthy?
Anyone truly committed to gaining self-confidence and taking full control of his or her life needs to better understand the intricate link between our thoughts, and the vehicle we use to achieve those thoughts – our body.
For many Australians struggling with weight, this mind-body association may be part of the key to a happy and healthy future.
No-one can empower their life without understanding the interdependence of their thoughts and their body. On the one hand, thoughts control actions, motivations, dictate what you eat, and are an expression of your self-image. On the other hand, the food you eat impacts how you think, and your body size and fitness all dictate your self-image and thought patterns.
The inescapable truth is that your mind affects your body just as much as your body affects your mind. Empower one, and you are one step closer to empowering the other.