- Going On a “Diet” Often Leads to Weight Regain.
- Overweight Mum, Overweight Kids?
- Tips for Healthy Eating Throughout the “Silly Season”
- Almonds – a great source of vitamin E.
- Protein Emerging as an Important Bone Health Factor.
- Be Inspired - Feel Fabulous!
- To Drink or Not To Drink?
- Diets with High Glycemic Index May Increase Breast Cancer Risk.
- What to do when your weight loss stalls?
- Low Carb Versus Low Fat.
- Hunger & Cravings…
- A High Protein Diet Can Boost Bone Health.
- Empower Your Body to Empower Your Mind.
- It’s Not Just What You Eat, But When.
- One Simple Step to Combat Emotional Eating.
- The Evolutionary Long-Jump – So What Should We Really Be Eating?
- Researchers say low-carbohydrate diets more effective in weight management.
- People who eat breakfast are significantly less likely to be obese and diabetic than those who don't
- Why Low Fat Diets Fail.
- Is “Diet” a Dirty Word?
- Atkins Diet May Cut Risk of Heart Disease
- More Studies Endorse the Low Carb Diet.
- What is the Glycemic Index?
- The Importance of Exercise.
- Scientific Review - Novel Treatments for Obesity.
- Mental Attitude to Weight Loss
- Diet and the development of the insulin resistance syndrome.
- Insulin and your health
- Weight gain - Can we blame it on genetics?
- Breakfast and Weight Loss - Is it really important?
- Metabolism - Get your motor running!
- Dietary fibre - Are you getting enough?
- 97% fat free often means packed with sugar.
- The "Low Fat" Message - Marketing propaganda or a healthy lifestyle choice?
- Can low carbohydrate actually lower cholesterol?
- The Psychology of Eating.
- Organisation - The key to successful weight loss.
- Self Image
- Body image - Who wants to look like Elle McPherson anyway?
- The role of the media in weight loss.
- Diabetes - Are you eating your way to an uncertain future?
Be Inspired - Feel Fabulous!
Common complaints from many people that are following a low fat diet are things like:
“I have cut out fat and increased carbohydrates, but it hasn't helped my weight problem.”
“I think I am addicted to food.”
“I exercise because if I didn't, I'd be gaining weight.”
“I am hungry all the time, and don't know why.”
“I am tired and cranky a lot, and don't know why.”
“I have been eating a low fat diet to lower my blood pressure, cholesterol and triglycerides - and it's not working.”
“I have bad energy slumps, particularly in the late afternoon.”
Following a low carbohydrate weight loss plan will help you lose those unwanted kilos, but it also has many other health benefits such as stable blood sugar levels, lower cholesterol, boosted metabolism and a reduction of your risk of type 2 diabetes.
Be inspired to eat fresh and fabulous tasting food that will not only fill you up and reduce your cravings, but will help you lose those unwanted kilos. You'll have more energy than you ever dreamed possible. Your moods will improve till you wonder where all that cheerfulness is coming from!
A typical days low carb eating plan might be something like this:
Breakfast – 2 eggs & half a grilled tomato.
Mid-morning snack – A handful of raw almonds and Brazil nuts.
Lunch – Chicken Caesar salad (without the croutons!).
Mid-afternoon snack – A low carb protein bar or shake.
Dinner – Grilled white fish marinated in soy sauce and ginger, sprinkled with toasted sunflower seeds and served with steamed broccoli, carrots and snow peas.
After dinner snack – An Empower Chocolate Rush Muffin served warm with a dollop of cream.
Through following a low carb diet you will lose excess body fat and by living this healthier lifestyle you will not only live longer but also look better and have more energy. Now who can argue with that!