Sweet Treats & Desserts Recipes
- Almond Innocence Baked Cheesecake
- Café Latte Jelly
- Chocolate Almond Innocence Cookies
- Chocolate Rush Surprise Muffins
- Choc-Mint Muffins
- Mocha Muffins
- Chocolate Fudge Brownies
- Empower Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Flourless Oranges & Lemons Cake
- Chocolate Panna Cotta with Smashed Strawberry Sauce
- Sweet Cinnamon & Carrot Muffins
- Vanilla Panna Cotta with Raspberry Jelly
- Decadent Chocolate Pots
- Chocolate Baked Cheesecake with Brownie Chunks
Empower Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Grams of carbohydrate - 2.5
- Grams of protein - 9
- 150g butter
- 40 tablets Splenda
- 170g Empower Foods Premium Low Carb Chocolate
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 150g almond meal
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- ˝ cup cream
- 5 free range eggs
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line and grease a 20cm cake tin.
- Place butter and Splenda tablets in a saucepan over medium heat until butter is melted and Splenda tablets have completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add the chocolate, stirring until the chocolate has melted.
- In a mixing bowl sift together the cocoa and almond meal. Pour in the chocolate sauce; add the brandy, vanilla, cream and eggs. Mix with a fork until well combined.
- Pour into the cake tin and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cake cool completely before removing from the tin.
- Serve dusted with cocoa, fresh berries and a dollop of thick cream.
Tasty Tip:This cake tastes even better after it has sat in the refrigerator for a day - the flavours develop beautifully.
It is also suitable to freeze.