Chicken, Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni
- Please note - this recipe is GLUTEN FREE, not low carbohydrate.
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g chicken mince
- 250g fresh ricotta cheese
- 250g frozen spinach, thawed, excess liquid squeezed out
- 4 Empower Foods GF Wraps
- 700g Passata (sieved, uncooked tomato sauce)
- Cheese Sauce:
- 50g butter
- 4 tablespoons rice flour
- 500ml milk
- 150g tasty cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes. Add chicken mince. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince.
- Remove from heat. Add ricotta, spinach, and salt and pepper to spinach. Mix well.
- Prepare the cheese sauce: Melt butter in a saucepan. Remove from heat. Add flour. Stir with a wooden spoon. Cook over medium heat for 1 minute, stirring continuously. Remove from heat. Add the milk gradually, and stir until smooth. Return to heat and stir until boiling. Reduce heat and stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat, add cheese. Stir to melt. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon heaped teaspoons of the chicken mixture onto the edge of the GF Wrap. Gently roll up and arrange seam side down on a lightly oiled baking dish. Repeat with the remaining 5 wraps.
- Pour passata evenly over the cannelloni. Top with the cheese sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30minutes.
Tasty Tip:Passata is usually found with the pasta sauces in your supermarket isle Ė if you canít find any you can substitute crushed, canned tomatoes, or even pasta sauce.
To make this recipe even quicker to prepare, replace the cheese sauce with a good couple of handfuls of grated tasty cheese Ė it may not be as creamy, but itís a terrific shortcut!