4 tablespoons olive oil
2 brown onions, peeled and sliced
1 clove garlic, finely diced
700g gravy or chuck beef, cut into 4cm cubes
1 teaspoon salt
1 ½ tablespoons smoky paprika
1 teaspoon caraway seeds
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 tablespoons Empower Foods LC Tomato Sauce
1 litre beef stock
200ml sour cream
- Heat a large pot over medium heat with 1tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Add the garlic and onions and cook until onions are soft and golden brown (about 10-15 minutes).
- Remove onions from pot and set aside.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in the pot. Add the meat and brown lightly.
- Add the onions, salt paprika, caraway seeds, cayenne pepper, tomato sauce.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring, before adding the stock. Simmer over a very low heat for about 1½ hours or until the meat is very tender.
- Pour into bowls and serve with a dollop of sour cream.