Chocolate Panna Cotta with Smashed Strawberry Sauce
1 ½ cups pure cream
1 cup water
10 Splenda tablets, dissolved in ¼ cup boiled water
120g Well Naturally Dark Chocolate Melts
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
3 teaspoons powdered gelatine
5 Splenda tablets, dissolved in ¼ cup boiled water
200g strawberries, chopped
1 tablespoon brandy
- Place cream, water and dissolved Splenda liquid in a saucepan and stir over low heat until mixture is nearly boiling. Do not let mixture boil.
- Remove from heat, add chocolate and vanilla. Stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Place 1 tablespoon of just boiled water in a small heatproof cup and sprinkle the gelatine over the top. Stir until the gelatine dissolves.
- Pour the gelatine mixture into the chocolate mixture and using a whisk stir until well combined.
- Divide mixture into 6 lightly oiled small moulds. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until set.
- For strawberry sauce: place dissolved Splenda liquid, strawberries and brandy in a small saucepan. Stir over low heat until strawberries are soft. Smash strawberries lightly with a fork. Allow to cool, then cover and refrigerate.
- To serve: dip panna cotta mould briefly in hot water, invert onto plates and spoon on strawberry sauce.