Empower Flourless Chocolate Cake
Each serve contains 2.5g carbohydrate and 9g of protein.
40 tablets Splenda
150g Well Naturally Dark Chocolate Melts
3 tablespoons cocoa
150g almond meal
3 tablespoons brandy
1 teaspoons vanilla
½ cup cream
5 free range eggs
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line and grease a 20cm cake tin.
- Place butter and Splenda tablets in a saucepan over medium heat until butter is melted and Splenda tablets have completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add the chocolate, stirring until the chocolate has melted.
- In a mixing bowl sift together the cocoa and almond meal. Pour in the chocolate sauce; add the brandy, vanilla, cream and eggs. Mix with a fork until well combined.
- Pour into the cake tin and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cake cool completely before removing from the tin.
- Serve dusted with cocoa, fresh berries and a dollop of thick cream.
This cake tastes even better after it has sat in the refrigerator for a day - the flavours develop beautifully. It is also suitable to freeze.