100g cos lettuce leaves, torn
250g bean shoots
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon peanut oil
200g tofu, cut into strips
100g cabbage, roughly chopped
100g spinach, roughly chopped
100g cauliflower, cut into florets
100g carrot, cut into matchsticks
100g cucumber, cut into matchsticks
2 hard boiled eggs
½ cup all natural peanut butter
1 fresh chilli finely chopped
1 tablespoon red curry paste
¼ cup fish sauce
200mls coconut milk
Juice of 1 lime
- Prepare satay sauce by placing all satay sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat until combined.
- Line a large platter with the cos lettuce leaves.
- Pour boiling water over the bean shoots, drain, rinse, and arrange on platter.
- Heat oil and fry tofu until lightly golden. Drain on paper towel.
- Steam the cabbage, spinach, cauliflower and carrot and until lightly cooked.
- Allow the vegetables to cool, and then pile them on top of the bean shoots.
- Add the cucumber and tofu.
- Slice the eggs and arrange over the top.
- Pour satay sauce over the salad and serve.